As we start off this fresh new decade, I have compiled a collection of inspiring verses to keep us focused on our opportunity for new beginnings. I want these verses to speak to you and encourage you to delve deeper and grow stronger in the Lord this year.
So here is a list of my personal favorite verses for starting off the new year. They are good reminders that God is always on our side, and that in spite of our humanity and mistakes, He loves us SO much more than we can fathom!
Also, I enjoy reading your comments! Please share some of your favorite encouraging verses in a comment below.
1. Jeremiah 29:11 – For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
What a comfort it is to know that God has everything in control! The end is already known to Him. His plan is in motion each day of our lives; it is our choice to let God lead us in the way that He would like.
2. Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
My personal favorite verse! It is a wonderful verse to fall back on when things get tough and feelings of defeat try to get ahold of me. ALL THINGS is a very wide-reaching blanket statement, and it fits EVERYTHING that could ever cause me worry!
3. Psalms 46:5 – God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
When the storm rages outside and we are afraid, God is there to still the wind and calm the seas. We will not be moved or strayed off the course He’s set for us because He will help us!
4. Joshua 1:5 – There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
In this verse God tells Joshua that He will be with him through it all and never forsake him. It is incredible to know that we serve a God who sticks by our side and never leaves!
5. Matthew 6:33 – But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
When we seek God and His righteousness, the blessings will come our way in a manner that we cannot imagine! I want to keep my heart set on Him and His way in this new year!
6. Psalms 112:7 – He shall not be afraid of evil tidings: his heart is fixed, trusting in the Lord.
In spite of the opposition and bad news, we must keep our trust in God! He knows where we are and how to best get through to us. Trusting in God to do the work in our life can be difficult, but His plan is always higher than ours!
7. Isaiah 43:2 – When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.
High waters, hot fires, whatever it is that you are going through in life, God will not allow these things to consume you. He will lead you through it and out of it if you just hold on!
8. Isaiah 43:18-19 – Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.
This January many people are setting new goals and resolutions for the year and recounting all of the failures from 2019. I encourage you not to dwell on those mistakes! God is making a way for us to move onward and upward towards a better future! He is making a way!
9. Proverbs 23:18 – For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off.
God, being omniscient, knows the end from the start of it. Our vision can only go so far, but when God is in the midst of our vision and plans, we can expect that we will succeed and our hope will continue!
10. Proverbs 16:9 – A man’s heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps.
Whatever plans we have for 2020, I am certain that God has bigger and better plans for each of us! I only pray that you let God use you and lead you this year in a way that proves miraculous! Good things are about to happen and I am so excited to hear all about it.