Airport Thoughts on Life
August 11, 2017
Whether it’s for business or for pleasure – I enjoy traveling. I like making sure all the necessary arrangements are in place, navigating new places, meeting new people and experiencing a change in scenery.
As I write this post, I am sitting an airport, waiting on a plane. I have a few hours to spare and I can’t help but watch and wonder about the lives that the strangers around me lead:
Do they know Jesus?
What talents and gifts do these individuals have?
What impact could they have on the kingdom if they surrendered their will to the Lord?
Everyone in this airport has an end destination — one a plane cannot take them to. I encourage you to take a look at your travel itinerary and ask yourself the following questions:
1. WHERE AM I GOING?
Do you know your final destination?
- Has God spoken it to you directly in prayer or prophecy or is He asking you to trust Him and simply follow where He leads? Whichever case may be taking place in your life, I urge you to trust Him.
A few years ago I had a prophecy for my future spoken directly to me. I was told I would become a writer who would encourage and bless hundreds of women. At that time, I was not a writer. I had just started business college and I was so confused by the prophecy I thought surely it was not right for me and God meant it for someone else.
Lo and behold, two years later, here I am writing to you! Trying my best to speak life, encouragement and hope into you, dear girl. I never thought I would end up here but God had a plan.
Seek and listen for His calling. Whether it is spoken boldly across the pulpit or in a whisper during prayer, trust that He will do what He says He will do. He can bring you to unimaginable places.
2. DO I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED TO GET THERE?
You know where you’re supposed to go, now how do you get there?
- Have you made all the necessary “travel” plans? Have you packed your bags and left unnecessary items such as fear and doubt behind? Did you remember to pack trust and patience? Have you asked God for directions and are you willing to follow Him as blindly as you would follow Siri or your GPS? If you find that there is something that you are missing for your journey — simply ask Him.
3. WHAT WILL THE JOURNEY BE LIKE?
Sometimes the fear of the unknown can cause us to hesitate to take the first step of our journey.
- We don’t know what we may encounter and we’re afraid we may struggle along the way but don’t forget who has laid the path before you: the Lord Jesus Christ. He has spoken your destiny into existence and He never goes against His word. He has anointed and blessed your journey. If you call upon His name, He will direct you every step of the way.
4. WILL I MAKE IT TO MY END DESTINATION?
Despite detailed and mindful planning there is always a degree of uncertainty that comes along with travel.
- Anyone who has ever experienced a flight delay or lost luggage can testify! There will no doubt be unforeseen obstacles but you can and will make it to your final destination. The Lord will not call you to a place and leave your stranded on the side of the road. He is faithful and He will ensure that you make it.
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.