Fear. It is one of the devil's favorite weapons to use against us.
He attacks with worry, anxiety, and fear, which can overwhelm us with darkness and control every decision we make.
There is so much going on in this day and age. So many things that can cause us to be fearful. There are wars, persecution, violence, crime, natural disasters, terrorism, economic uncertainty, divisions, disease, death. We fear for the future of our children. We fear for the safety of ourselves and of our families. There is so much going on in our lives, so many potentials of fear.
Anxiety is another facet of fear. Worrying about the "what-ifs." Worrying about things that have yet to even happen. Societal anxiety. ALL of it is real! And without realizing it, that fear and anxiety will bring you down into a dark hole. We cannot be controlled by fear. We have to recognize that fear and panic are what the devil is reveling in.
We may be afraid, but we KNOW that God is with us. We may not know what the future holds for us, but we KNOW that God does. We KNOW the One who is in control. He is with you in whatever you're facing. He is there guiding you, helping you, and holding you in His hands. We are given the power to live fearlessly, courageously, and boldly in our lives because we know that God is greater.
Here are 5 scriptures to help us remember that GOD is in control.
1. Isaiah 41:10 - "Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
2. John 14:27 - "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
3. Psalm 23:4 - "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
4. Psalm 56:3-4 - " What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me."
5. Deuteronomy 31:6 - "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee."