As the mother of the bride, you want to look your best on your daughter's big day. But if you're looking for a modest dress, you may be wondering where to start.
Here's a guide to finding the perfect modest mother of the bride dress:
- Consider the formality of the wedding. The formality of the wedding will dictate the formality of your dress. For a formal wedding, you'll want to choose a dress that is floor-length and has a more traditional look. For a more casual wedding, you can choose a dress that is midi-length or tea-length and has a more relaxed style.
- Choose a dress that flatters your figure. There are many different styles of modest dresses available, so you're sure to find one that flatters your figure. If you're curvy, look for a dress that has a fitted bodice and a flowing skirt. If you're petite, look for a dress that has a vertical seam or a belt to elongate your figure.
- Choose a dress in a flattering color. The color of your dress can make a big difference in how you look and feel. Choose a color that makes you feel confident and beautiful. If you're not sure what color to choose, ask your daughter or a trusted friend for their opinion.
- Accessorize with modesty in mind. When accessorizing your modest mother of the bride dress, choose pieces that are both stylish and modest. Simple hair accessories and a small clutch purse will make you look elegant.
Here are some specific modest mother of the bride dress styles to consider:
The Belle of Buckingham dress: This dress is the epitome of elegance and beauty. The cape is the statement detail that gives the perfect sophisticated look. The lace is flattering and the kick pleat in the back gives you the right amount of room to walk elegantly down the aisle.
A Time in Twilight dress: This velvet beauty is perfect for a winter wedding. The contrast of the soft velvet and satin sleeves and bow is simply stunning! The subtle A-line silhouette is flattering on every figure.
Stroll Under the Stars dress: This little number is deceptively simple in a swing dress style. The embroidered sequin flowers give such a dreamy look to this flattering piece.
Sparkle and Delight dress: This gorgeous dress is a favorite, comes in six colors and two lengths (midi or maxi), and is an absolute dream! The overlay of lace and sequins over the flowing skirt is beautiful for any age and stage of life.
Just One Twirl dress: A gorgeous maxi length style that will make you want to give a twirl! The high waistline is flattering and the textured fabric is delightful. You'll want it in both colors!
Divine Dinner dress: If there was ever a dress that just screamed "wedding" and "special occasion", this one is it! This lovely dress would be perfect for formal weddings. It's sleek, sophisticated, and stunning - a statement piece!
No matter what style of dress you choose, make sure it is something that you feel comfortable and confident in. After all, you want to look your best on your daughter's big day!
Here are some additional tips for finding the perfect modest mother of the bride dress:
- Start your search early. This will give you plenty of time to find the perfect dress and avoid any last-minute stress.
- Shop in person or from sites that have detailed size charts. This is the best way to try on dresses and see how they look on you. Having exact measurements for the perfect fit can ensure that a dress bought online will fit just right.
- Bring a trusted friend or family member with you. They can help you make decisions and give you honest feedback.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. Here at Dainty Jewells, you can chat with an associate for any questions you may have on size and fit. Simply click the dialogue bubble in the bottom right hand corner when you visit our site!
With a little planning and effort, you're sure to find the perfect modest mother of the bride dress for your daughter's wedding.