I recently had the privilege of previewing Fight For Us, the soon-to-release EP (extended play music project) of one of our very own bloggers: Brittani Scott.
Brittani has several important career accomplishments to her credit, including releasing her single “I Will Walk This Road,” writing and singing songs recorded by Texas Bible College (see one song here) and organizing The Worship Workshop, a completely online one-day music conference — just to name a few things!
I’m so excited to be able to share my review of Brittani’s project with you. The quality of this EP is exceptional, and I know the songs will be a blessing to many worship leaders, churches, and people just wanting to listen to good music in their homes and cars.
I’ve attended a music conference where the choir performed one of Brittani’s songs, and I’ve also taught one of her original songs to our church praise team. So I knew before hearing these songs that they would be exceptional in quality, both musically and lyrically. I was not disappointed! Fight For Us conveys a compelling sense of faith and expectation all while featuring strong lyrics and catchy melodies. I recommend for anyone who likes listening to good worship music, and definitely to worship leaders looking for great new songs to teach their team.
The EP contains four songs:
- “Come Move” is upbeat and catchy, full of expectation — great as a service opener. (It also features Cortt Chavis, which his fans will love!) I absolutely LOVE the lyrics of all these songs and had a hard time deciding which ones to feature:
Come move – like a rushing wind, sweep over this church again
And prove – You are all You say You are
- “Fight For Us” is another upbeat song, full of energy and faith. This song would be great for the choir or praise team to sing.
Your Name is a battle cry
Your Name is the banner we’re lifting high
Your Name is our victory
You fight for us, Jesus
- “Break In” is a softer, more prayerful song. Aside from being sung in service, it would also work as a special or an altar song:
Break in – take all that I am
Break in – where no one has been
Steal my heart, my mind, my soul, my life, break in
- “We Have Overcome” is another song full of faith and a spirit of victory:
We speak to mountains
Come crumbling down it the name of Jesus
We make the darkness tremble in fear
While there’s a lot going on musically and vocally on these tracks, the songs can all be stripped down to work for any team, no matter the size or skill level. One of Brittani’s goals in creating this project was to provide music any size team could adapt to work for them.
Fight For Us is currently available on iTunes for pre-order and will release April 6th.
Purchase it for $3.99 and get the title track immediately. All of the resources (multi-tracks, chord charts, and vocal charts) will also soon be available for church use at www.brittaniscott.com.
Preview songs on iTunes:http://itunes.apple.com/album/id1361189723?ls=1&app=itunes
And now for the giveaway!
Would you like to win a free digital copy of Brittani Scott’s new EP? Here are the rules:
FOR INSTAGRAM USERS
1. Follow @BrittaniScott on Instagram
2. Follow @DaintyJewellsBlog on Instagram
3. Leave a comment either here or on Instagram telling us you entered, and tag a friend who loves upbeat, wholesome music!
FOR FACEBOOK USERS
1. Like Brittani Scott’s music page on Facebook.
2. Like She’s Intentional on Facebook.
3. Leave a comment either here or on Facebook telling us you entered, and tag a friend who loves upbeat, wholesome music!
For two entries, enter on both Facebook and Instagram. One random winner will be announced Monday, April 2nd. Best wishes!
UPDATE: Congratulations to winning Instagram entry for HJ Woolley!