I recently came across Nona Freeman's keys to success and wanted to share them here.
Sis. Freeman and her husband were missionaries to Africa for many years and voices of wisdom and strength to the Apostolic movement. Though she has gone on to her Heavenly home, Sis. Freeman's words, through her books and recorded sermons, still encourage Apostolic women today.
If you are feeling stressed, needing direction, or seeking for a successful Christian walk, read her wise keys and be blessed!
Nona Freeman’s Keys to Success (and Less Stress)
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start your day relaxed and rested.
4. Say no to time-consuming projects that compromise mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. Although one is often not enough, two can often be too many.
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places.
9. Pace yourself. Spread big changes and difficult projects and don't lump the hard things together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you to do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it and move on. You are human.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K.M.S. (Keep Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the child in you everyday.
16. Carry a Bible with you to read while waiting.
17. Get enough exercise.
18. Eat right.
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a podcast or sermon while driving that can help improve your quality of life.
21. Write thoughts and inspirations down.
22. Every day, find time to be alone even if just for several minutes.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder of favorite scriptures on hand.
26.Remember that the shortest bridge between despair and hope is often a good "Thank you, Jesus!"
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but yourself not at all.
30. Develop a forgiving attitude because most people are doing the best they can.
31. Be kind to unkind people; they probably need it the most.
32. Sit on your ego.
33. Talk less; listen more.
34. Slow down.
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe.
36. Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.