When decorating, my goal is for people to see the heart of our family when they walk through the door. I want them to see our priorities and know a little bit more about our family by what’s hung on the walls. I want my home to be covered in the Word of God!
In our entry way I mixed family pictures with scripture art; thanks to Pinterest, you don’t have to be a graphic artist to have beautiful scripture art in your home. Many talented artists have shared their art through Pinterest and encourage readers to use their art and make it free to download.
I searched Pinterest high and low for my favorite free prints. Here’s a few of my favorites:
- Isaiah 40: 31 – Jones Design Company has a free archive of prints, crafts and fonts. They change them every so often, so download what you like when you see it.
- 2 Corinthians 13:11 – Art By Erin Leigh is another little gold mine of scripture prints. Her art is beautiful and unique!
- Fruits of the Spirit – Beautifully Rooted
- Joshua 24:15 – The Flourishing Abode
- Psalm 119:105 – Home Life Magazine
Making your own scripture art isn’t as difficult as it seems. If you don’t have Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator, there are free design websites that are easy to navigate like picmonkey.com. Another option is simply using your computer’s word processor. That’s how I made the bold Joshua 24:15 print I have in my entry way.
My hope is that as people come through my door and my children learn to read they will notice the verses of encouragement and love and never forget them.