The Proverbs 31 Woman is looked upon as highly regarded and highly esteemed by her family and all who knew her. She is often referred to as a woman whom Christian women should strive to be like.
But most often in this fast-paced world we often struggle with the thought “Could I truly be like this woman?”.
Yes, the Proverbs 31 Woman seemed to have her life completely under control. But let's take a look at how she can be relevant in your life in today's time. The virtuous Woman of Proverbs 31 was a woman of strength and character.
Let’s take a look at what she focused on and what she deemed her most important priorities, activities, character, and blessings. I believe that you will find you are more like the Proverbs 31 Woman than you think.
- The Lord (Proverbs 31:30)
- Her Husband (Proverbs 31:11-12, 23, 28)
- Her Children (Proverbs 31:28, 15, 21, 26-27)
- Her Household (Proverbs 31:15, 21, 27)
- Her ‘female servants’ or household workers (Proverbs 31:15)
- The poor (Proverbs 31:20)
- The needy (Proverbs 31:20)
- She shops for the best quality she can afford (Proverbs 31:13-14, 22, 24)
- She works willingly with her hands. (Proverbs 31:13, 31)
- She provides clothing for her household and for herself (Proverbs 31: 13, 19, 21-22)
- She gets up early to make sure everyone has food for the day. (Proverbs 31:15)
- She ensures that her family does not run out of supplies and prepares ahead for harsh circumstances. (Proverbs 31:11, 18, 21, 25)
- She carefully invests her money and works to profit from her investment. (Proverbs 31:16, 18, 24)
- She helps meet the needs of the poor. (Proverbs 31:20)
- She watches over the activities of her household. (Proverbs 31:27)
- trustworthiness (v. 11)
- consistency (v. 12, 18)
- high standards (v. 13, 16)
- industriousness and productivity (v. 13-16, 19, 22, 24, 27)
- initiative (v. 16, 22, 24)
- service (v. 15, 20)
- strength (v. 17, 25)
- honor (v. 25)
- compassion (v. 20)
- confidence rather than worry about the future (v. 22, 25)
- wise words and instruction spoken with love (v. 26)
- She is far more precious than jewels (v. 10)
- Her children rise up and call her blessed (v. 28)
- She is trusted, praised and prized by her husband. (v. 11-12, 28-29)
- The community’s respect for her husband is enhanced. (v. 23, 31)
- She will be praised. (v. 30)
- She deserves the reward of her labor. (v. 31)
- She is known and receives praise for her works (v. 31)
Just like the Proverbs 31 Woman, you live to honor the Lord, you want to gracefully serve your husband and children, and you are kind to the poor and needy.
You most likely work constantly with our hands, you see to our children, you focus on your household, and you make sure that those in your household are fed.
You have the lovely traits and characteristics of this woman that is so highly esteemed although you may not realize it.
This woman established priorities; she works her daily routines, she extends her energies beyond her home, and she enjoys rewards for her faithfulness. Just as much as I'm sure you already do.
I hope this has helped you to understand that the Proverbs 31 Woman can be just as relevant today as it was years ago. Although the world around us may change; character, honor, and strength do not. Hold your head up today, lovely lady, and know that you are far more precious than rubies.