WHEN YOU NEED A WORD FROM GOD
What do you do when you need a specific Word from God?
You get IN HIS WORD.
It’s simple, yes, but we often feel like there should be a sign that is put right in front of us when God just wants to speak to us through the Bible.
Yes, there are times when He uses a person to speak into our lives, or there are times when He will speak to us personally about situations.
But we must get in the habit of opening our Bible and believing that God is going to direct us through His word.
There have been so many times when I have read a passage of scripture and walked away thinking, “I did not know that I needed that so badly”.
Have you ever felt like that?
Have you ever had that feeling that you need God to speak to you through His Word?
I want to share with you a way that God chose to direct me through the Bible to speak to me just when I needed it.
A while back, I felt heavy in my spirit.
Of course, I read the Bible every day but I wasn’t reading anything that I felt was for my situation.
I began to tell the Lord that I just needed a Word from Him when I read the Bible.
I knew that the heaviness that I was feeling about this particular situation could be subsided (or I could at least understand what I should be feeling) by God’s Word.
I sat down one morning and said, “Ok, God. Speak to me today. Direct me in where I’m supposed to read.”.
When I began flipping through the pages of my Bible, I felt that I needed to read in the book of Ecclesiastes.
Do you know that feeling that you get when the words on the page seem to jump out at you and you know instantly it’s what you needed to read? That’s the way I felt!
I read in chapter 3 where it talks about the seasons and how there is a season for everything we go through.
Then I read this….
Ecclesiastes 3:11, “He has made everything beautiful in its time.”
When I read those words it was like a weight lifted.
Instantly, I knew it was the Word from God that I needed for that particular situation that caused me to feel heavy in my spirit.
Of course, we all know that God makes everything beautiful in its time.
But when we’re going through something its always encouraging to read those words and have that reminder.
I’m so thankful that we can turn to the Word of God when we feel we need to be uplifted and encouraged in our spirit.
I pray that if you are going through something right now, that these words have encouraged you.
God makes everything beautiful in its time.
If you’ve been waiting and praying, just know that God knows exactly where you are and He will absolutely make your situation beautiful in time.
Here are a few tips for when you need a Word from God:
1. Ask – Simply ask God to speak to you through His Word.
2. Have Faith – Once you ask, believe that He is going to give you a message of encouragement that you need for that day.
3. Be Quiet – Conversations cannot be one-sided. You will never learn anything by always talking. Be still and quiet for a bit after you have asked God to speak to you. Whether it is through reading His Word, or through speaking into your spirit, or speaking through another person, God wants to give you the word that you desire.
4. Use the Scriptures – This is one of the best ways to receive a quick Word from God. The Bible is, after all, His Word. Just be sensitive and allow God to direct you to where you need to read. He’ll show you.
5. Write it down – Once you feel that you have been given a Word from God, either through prayer, reading the Bible, through prophecy or other ways, write it down and keep it in a safe place. It will be something that you will want to go back to time and again.