Food. One of my favorite words in the vocabulary book.
I mean, who doesn’t like food?
And then there’s ice cream. A sub category of food belonging under the dessert section. It’s just a bunch of rich, creamy, milky, deliciousness! No wonder girls run to ice cream whenever their heart has been broken!
I have been wanting to try making my own ice cream for a while now. However, I didn’t want to have to churn it OR have to go buy an ice cream maker.
So, Pinterest and I had a little chat. We came up with a No-Churn Ice Cream recipe. This is the fun part. You could probably use this recipe to make any flavor you want just by playing with the recipe and adding your favorite flavors and treats into the mix.
For this particular batch of ice cream, I chose Biscoff cookie butter as be my flavor of choice. Biscoff really does deserves an entire different post all on its own. If you have never tasted it, PLEASE do yourself a favor and indulge in this goodness (Just a side note…it comes in cookie form as well as a spread)!
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- 1 14oz. can of sweetened condensed milk (regular or fat free will work)
- 1/2 cup of cookie butter (Biscoff, Trader Joe’s, or any other cookie butter of your liking)
- 2/3 cups of finely ground Biscoff cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- In the large bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream and beat on high speed for several minutes until stiff peaks form (will look like whip cream).
- In a separate large bowl, stir together the remaining ingredients.
- Fold in the heavy whipping cream into the Cookie Butter mixture.
- Pour the ice cream into a regular sized bread pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
This recipe is super duper easy to make and doesn’t take long at all to whip up! Feel free to add any other goodies in the mix too, such as nuts, chocolate chips, or chocolate shavings. It’s totally worth it when you taste that first scoop. The smooth creaminess of the ice cream mixed with crushed cookie is just yummy, yummy yummy! For a fun little thing, try pouring a little bit of hot coffee or an espresso shot over a scoop of ice cream. It’s called an Affogato and it’s amazing! Enjoy!