Most nights my family is home and I can fix a decent dinner, but there is is at least one night every week when we’re rushing out of the door and need a quick-fix dinner. On those nights we’ve resorted to cereal, peanut butter and jelly, and leftovers. While we love leftovers (I say this seriously, once a week we have a leftover night and love it!) I still want a meal with my family. I’m sure you face this same weeknight challenge as me!
Buffalo Chicken Sliders are the perfect busy-night dinner solution. They are simple to fix but still taste amazing. When I serve sliders we eat it family style — everything goes on the table and you build your own slider. We usually serve a cold vegetable (carrots, celery, cucumbers) and chips alongside the slider. The buffalo chicken has so much flavor that it’s really the star and we don’t need fancy sides detracting from that taste.
My best kept secret for this dish? Paper plates. Yes, you read that correctly. If it’s a busy night and I have found a solution for the dinner, then I need a solution for the dishes too. And nothing is simpler than everyone throwing away their plate before we run out of the door.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2/3 cup ranch dressing
1/3 cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
Mini Kaiser rolls
Mixed cabbage, thinly sliced
Carrots, thinly sliced
1. Heat a pan with a splash of olive oil.
2. Sprinkle the chicken with onion and garlic powder.
3. Cook chicken in pan until cooked through.
4. Remove chicken from pan and dice into small bite sized pieces.
5. Mix the ranch and hot sauce. If you like more heat then use less ranch. The fun part about this step is you get to adjust the heat to your preference.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and mix well.
Put a couple of spoonfuls of chicken on each roll and top with cabbage and carrots. Serve with a casual sides like celery, chips, or fruit.