Are you looking for a new side dish to serve at home or maybe to take to a dinner party? This hearty, super-easy recipe is a great addition to any meal and is so perfect for the chilly, wintery evenings ahead!
- 1 pack of jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded Colby jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons of diced jalapenos
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 1 can of whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly ground black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a pie dish in butter or olive oil (to avoid your edges sticking).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the jiffy mix, egg, milk, sour cream, jalapenos, creamed corn, and pepper.
- Once the ingredients are well incorporated, add the mixture to your pie dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until the top is golden brown and middle is firm.
- Top the finished dish with your butter.
For an extra cheesy dish, (because when it comes to cheese, the more the merrier) you can always sprinkle some over the top about 10 minutes prior to removing it from the oven.
You can also prepare this dish in a crockpot—on high for two and a half hours or on low for four!