Independence Day (or the Fourth of July) is right around the corner, and summer is in full swing! If you're in need of an appetizer or dessert for an upcoming event that is both easy to make and absolutely delicious, then I have the perfect recipe for you! This Creamy Grape Salad is a staple at my family holiday gatherings--my grandmother has been making it for many years, and all of us granddaughters frequently request it. While technically called a salad and suitable to serve as an appetizer, it can easily be served as a dessert as well. Trust me, you'll want to eat this stuff like candy!
Another great thing about this dish is that you can make it ahead of time and it's easy to transport if you're traveling to your church or the home of a family or friend for an event.
- 2 lbs seedless green grapes
- 2 lbs seedless red grapes
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2 tbs chopped pecans
1. Wash grapes and set them aside to dry.
2. Combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract in mixer until smooth.
3. Fold grapes into the mixture. **You can also cut the grapes in half before this step, if you prefer.**
4. Place in the serving bowl of your choice and top with the brown sugar and pecans.
5. Store in fridge until time to serve so its nice and chilled.
TADA! You're finished! Super easy, right? And this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser, no matter the event!
Happy eating and Happy Independence Day, friends!
**Image from Adobe Stock**