Want a fancy breakfast without needing tons of ingredients and time? This five-step, five-ingredient recipe that I affectionately call “fancy eggs” is sure to take your mundane breakfast to the next level, and it only requires about 15 minutes of your time!
4 large eggs
1/2 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup of bacon bits
Freshly chopped chives
Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and then grab a medium-sized baking pan and cover it with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Separate your egg whites into one bowl and your egg yolks into another. With a whisk or an electronic mixer, beat the egg whites until peaks form. Then toss in your bacon bits & cheese.
- Spoon 4 little mounds of egg whites onto your baking sheet, leaving a small indention in the middle. Bake for about three minutes, or until the mounds are slightly golden.
- Carefully spoon your egg yolks into the middle of the egg white mounds, and then sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Place them back into the oven to bake again for about three minutes, and then top them off with freshly chopped chives.
Serve your fancy eggs on a slice of toast, in a sandwich, over hash browns, or just eat them as they are—either way, they’re delicious! :)