It’s heating up outside, which means it’s the perfect time for those refrigerated recipes.
Whether it’s a side dish you’re needing for a barbecue or just a cool snack to enjoy throughout the week, this is the perfect salad, and it only takes a few minutes to make!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1/3 cup of red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup of red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/3 of an English cucumber, diced
- 1 diced Roma tomato
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese crumbles
- 1/3 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of basil flakes
- salt & freshly ground pepper
(If you don’t mind a little bit of a kick, add in a 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.)
Combine all of the above salad ingredients, pour over the dressing, gently mix, & enjoy!
This dish will stay fresh for up to four days if kept stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.