Twenty Minute Chicken Gnocchi Soup
November 03, 2021 · by Brittany Douglas
As the days grow longer and the temperature drops lower, our dinner menus call for more comfort food, AKA soup! Enjoy this delicious and simple recipe. As always, tag us on social media when you give this soup a try!
This recipe serves 4-6 people
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of diced celery
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of half & half
- 14 ounces of chicken broth (1 can) (I actually use a larger carton of broth so I can add more broth if needed.)
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 1cup of shredded carrots
- 1 cup of diced, cooked chicken breast
- 16 ounce package of potato gnocchi
1. In a large pot, over medium heat, melt your butter and add in your oil. Sauté your onion, celery, and garlic until tender. Sift, or slowly add in your flour while stirring to create a roux. Let simmer for a minute after the roux has thickened.
2. Next, add in the half & half along with the chicken broth. (You could always add more broth to thin out the soup.) Add in your thyme, carrots, chicken, salt, pepper, spinach, and gnocchi.
3. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until the gnocchi is fully cooked. (Gnocchi floats once it is done.)
4. Lastly, ladle your soup into a bowl, top it with freshly grated parmesan cheese, and enjoy!