Before you’re scared off by the words “Fruity Pebbles,” know that this dessert was a hit in our household!
I know that not everyone is a fan of Fruity Pebbles cereal because it can be really sweet to some. However, this recipe only calls for ONE cup of the cereal, and it’s just enough to add a fun, fruity flavor without being overpowering and too sweet. It’s the perfect mix of marshmallows and fruity pebbles.
So, we begin! This little treat was super quick and easy to make. It literally consists of four ingredients.
Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies Treats
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 bags of 10 oz. mini marshmallows (you’ll only need 1-1/2 bags)
- 5 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter and one of the 10 oz. bags of mini marshmallows. Stir together until smooth.
- Add in 5 cups of Rice Krispies and 1 cup of the Fruity Pebbles.
- Put half of the second marshmallow bag into the mix (unmelted) and stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Spread the mixture into a lightly sprayed or buttered pan and pat the mixture down into an even layer. (Tip: Put water on your hand to help pat down the mixture without it sticking to you.)
- You can chill in the fridge to firm them up a little or eat them right then! Cut into squares and enjoy!
This was such a fun treat to make with the kids. It was super easy, too! It makes for an easy, delicious party treat. If you’re wanting a treat to pass out to your child’s classroom for Valentine’s Day, this is a perfect treat for that. If you try this recipe and enjoy it, drop a comment and let us know!