“Mom, I’m hungry!”
"When will lunch be ready?"
"What's for dinner?"
If you have children at home during this time of quarantine and shelter-in-place, you’re probably tired of hearing these questions. It seems like breakfast is barely over before it is time to prepare lunch. You turn around twice, and it’s already time to cook dinner!
With the restaurant option mostly removed right now, the pressure of cooking every. single. meal. can get old really fast! I’m guilty of falling into a rut and cooking the same thing over and over.
Today, I wanted to share some easy ideas to help switch up your meal planning! I’ve also included two cheap and easy recipes.
- IP spaghetti
- Homemade hamburger
- Taco salad
- Slow-cooker roast
- Chicken spaghetti
- Chicken & gravy over rice
- Baked chicken with veggies
- Chicken quesadillas
- Chicken pot pie
- Chicken salad sandwiches
- Hot dogs
- Fresh fruit with dip
- Fresh veggies with ranch
This chicken alfredo recipe is easy, quick, cheap, and can be cooked in an Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
1 12.5-oz can chicken
2 22-oz jar of alfredo sauce
1 box bowtie pasta
- Add chicken to Instant Pot and turn on saute, low.
- Saute & season the chicken until heated through.
- Add 3/4 box of bowtie pasta
- Add 1.5 jars of alfredo sauce.
- Seal, and cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Quick release. Add the rest of the alfredo sauce and stir.
- Serve warm!
This meal serves my family of 2 adults and 2 kids perfectly. It’s also very cost-effective (less than $8). You can easily double this recipe, leaving the cook time the same.
Mexican Green Beans
1 can french-style green beans
1/2 cup mild salsa (or spicy)
Butter, salt, & pepper
- Add can of beans to saucepot; do not drain.
- Add butter, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for several minutes.
- Drain and add salsa.
- Let simmer until heated through. Serve warm.
Do you have a quick go-to recipe? Tell me about it in the comments!